1. ClearSite Solutions Ltd accepts that its activities generate waste material. Therefore the Environmental Policy of ClearSite Solutions Ltd is to ensure so far as it is reasonably practicable that all its operations will be carried out with a commitment to reducing waste, thereby protecting and enhancing the environment. The same commitment will be expected to be shown by contractors working for the company.
2. Concern and awareness for the environment is a fundamental principle of the Company’s business.
3. ClearSite Solutions Ltd therefore seeks to comply with all relevant environmental legislation and regulation. It also aims to establish higher standards of environmental performance including waste management where these are practicable and appropriate.
4. ClearSite Solutions Ltd employees are required to carry out their duties with concern for the environment. It is a condition of employment that all staff comply with the Environmental Policy.
5. In the event of an environmental accident or incident at work, it is a company requirement that the details are promptly and properly reported to the Manager and Director who will investigate and take prompt action to make good any damage and avoid recurrence.
6. All contractors working on behalf of ClearSite Solutions Ltd are required to adopt environmental standards fully consistent with those of ClearSite Solutions Ltd and they are expected to achieve comparable levels of performance as a condition of their contract.
7. In accordance with its stated policy, ClearSite Solutions Ltd has produced the following guide-lines as a sound framework for the introduction of practices to implement it. The key elements of these objectives are:
7.1 Compliance with The Site Waste Management Plans Regulations 2008 (where appropriate) and Local Government Regulations
7.2 Swift response to accidents or incidents that have a potential to threaten the environment
7.3 The provision of advice on the safe handling of company products, or their transportation and their final disposal to customers, contractors, etc.
7.4 The disposal of any waste products in ways that show concern for the environment using only registered carriers to dispose of waste, and to recycle wherever possible
7.5 To encourage the developments of products, processes and equipment with concern for the future of the environment
7.6 To communicate freely on environmental matters with government officials, employees, customers and members of the public
7.7 To provide training for all employees as appropriate to enable them to carry out their job functions in a manner that shows care for the environment
7.8 To carry out environmental audits when required
7.9 To promote environmental principles by sharing experience with regulatory bodies, other companies, employees and members of the public
7.10 In implementing this Environmental Policy, the Company will focus on action to conserve resources and energy, to minimise emissions into air or water and onto land and increase recycling rates
7.11 The Company will also seek to influence legislative developments and improve public understanding of environmental matters concerning the business
8. The policy statement will be regularly reviewed and updated as necessary. The management team endorses these policy statements and is fully committed to their implementation